Thinking of listing?
How It Works
Listing your home is easier than you think.
We’ll guide you through these simple steps.
- MarketPoint Realty never charges more than 4.5% to list a home. Of this 4.5%, 2.7% goes to the buying brokerage and 1.8% goes to MarketPoint. 4.5% is all you will pay! We pay for professional pictures, virtual tours, and all advertising out of our 1.8%.
- If this sounds like your kind of company, contact us for a free, no-obligation presentation and walkthrough of your home. Our unique real estate knowledge enables us to provide you a recommended list price as your home stands, or we may recommend repairs that may get you more for your home.
- If we're still on the same page, you will be required to sign a Missouri Broker Disclosure Form and a Listing Agency Agreement. We will then coordinate professional photos and a virtual tour for our online advertising. A Coming Soon sign may also be placed in your yard at this time.
- Once the listing is live online, we may hold an open house. Usually the best time to do this is on Sunday, late morning to mid afternoon. But, your market may require a different strategy.
- Upon completion of the Open House, we will collaborate with you, the sellers. We will discuss the good, bad, and indifferent findings of the open house. Hopefully, we have an offer coming soon. Otherwise we will discuss options for selling your home within your desired timeline.
- Let's assume the open house goes as planned, and you have an offer from someone to buy your home. We will go over the details of the purchase offer together and begin the negotiation process. A counteroffer may or may not be necessary.
- From here, the process resembles buying a home, except you will be the one hosting inspectors. We recommend you're not home for this because the buyer or buyer's agent will likely be there to get the results of the report. If the potential buyers want items fixed, per the inspection(s), you can decide to fix them, renegotiate the terms of the contract, or start the process over and go back on the market. Note there are pros and cons to each strategy, which we will discuss in detail.
- Assuming all goes well with the inspections and there are only minor repair items, you will likely soon be hosting an appraiser. This process shouldn't take more than 30 minutes and you do not have to home for it. If you're uncomfortable with this, we will meet him or her there.
- If the appraisal does not work out how we planned, we will go to bat for you. Again, this is our unique skillset going to work for you. You will not get this with other agencies. We know how this process works and how to combat a poor appraisal.
- Now everything is ironed out, and we're good to go! We will meet at the closing table at the predetermined day and time. You will have to bring your ID and checkbook or wiring instructions to get your money from the title company. After signing the closing package we wait for the buyer's funds to clear and hand over the keys. Congratulations, you just sold your home!
- Free professional, HD photos
- Free professional, HD virtual tour
- Free home measuring to ensure proper reporting of your home’s square footage
- Free floor plan sketch to include in the listing attachments
- Free Open House
- Solar powered light to illuminate For Sale sign at night
- Custom pricing analytics specifically derived for your home, backed by a state certified appraiser-no more prelisting appraisals necessary
- Weekly market and activity updates
We understand that a house is a financial tool, not just a home.