Dreaming of a new home?
How It Works
Getting started is easier than you think. We’ll guide
you through these simple steps.
- Contact us for a consultation. If we're a good fit, we'll set you up on an email list of homes that fit your desired criteria.
- MarketPoint Realty does not charge any fees to our buyer clients. All fees are paid by the home seller. And we provide a one-year satisfaction guarantee with your new home, or we'll list it for free within that one-year period. Note, a buyers agent fee of 2.7% still applies when engaging this service.
- Once we find a home you like, we'll provide comparables and discuss the market trends to make sure the home is a good fit for your future. This is when it really helps to have our 20 years of appraising experience in your corner.
- Once we find your desired home, we'll prepare all of the paperwork. The contract package will be sent to you electronically via email for digital signatures. We encourage you to ask questions to ensure you're comfortable with the documents you're signing.
- The purchase offer is then submitted to the Realtor of the sellers of the home. This agent will submit the offer to the sellers and the negotiation process may begin.
- After the financial terms are agreed upon, it's time for inspections. At a minimum, a home inspection is always recommended. Depending on the home you are buying, gas, termite, radon, and other inspections may be recommended.
- When inspections are complete, you'll have the option to renegotiate some of the terms of the contract, using the inspector recommended repairs as leverage, buy the home in its current state, or walk away from the home altogether. Each option comes with some caveats. We'll be here to advise you on how the findings of the inspection(s) affect your options, which option to choose, and the caveats of each.
- Assuming you're going to pursue the purchase of the home, you or your lender may order an appraisal. (Note MarketPoint Realty cannot do your appraisal, it's illegal and a conflict of interest). Assuming the appraisal comes in as predicted, MarketPoint Realty will schedule your closing with the title company.
- We'll meet you at the closing table on the predetermined date, you'll sign the closing package, and we'll hand you your keys. Congratulations you just bought a home!
- A transparent transaction, no buyer’s agency fee or any other hidden fees
- Custom analytics for all homes shown
- State certified appraiser knowledge at your disposal
- For “For Sale By Owner” clients we offer a flat fee transaction service of $999, including coordinating of closing, inspections, and all other paperwork.
We understand that buying a home isn’t just a dream come true, it’s a big commitment.